ICAN is seeking a User Experience (UX) Designer to join our growing web design and development...1st May
How we doubled listeners and traffic for Spin 103.8
The existing Spin 1038 website had outgrown its previous incarnation. We wanted to create a new platform for growth of content, visitors and revenue for the station. A core part of this project was the creation of a new, integrated media player, which would pull in the live audio stream, podcasts, highlights and video. We also developed a new interaction layer, around user commenting, voting, polls and sharing via social media.
The project involved a complete redesign, creating a new blog and media based website for Spin, with user interaction via commenting (integrated with Facebook Connect) and sharing of media content across social media. New features and initiatives on the website included:
- All-new media player (with live stream, ‘now/next playing’ song data)
- Integrated podcasts (play from website, publish once to website and to iTunes)
- Video integration (using Muzu.tv API)
- Blog & commenting systems for all shows and DJs/presenters
- Galleries, polls, voting systems
- MySpin members’ area & email marketing system integration
- Microsite creation functionality for in-house design teams
Doubled audience activity on the site, as shown below.
- No. of online listeners more than doubled – up 156%
- 143% increase in unique users
- 105% increase in page impressions