Do you enjoy working in a fast paced, award winning and fun environment where you can make a difference? ICAN are an award winning digital agency. For 11 years we’ve been leading the way, integrating traditional and digital marketing channels.
ICAN is seeking an experienced User Experience (UX) Designer with project management skills to join our growing web design and development offering, ICAN Web. You’ll enjoy a challenging variety of project types and working with a team of committed people who live and breathe digital projects.
Who we’re looking for
- A passionate and talented UX designer who enjoys great design and clean, effortlessly user-friendly web and mobile experiences
- Excellent visualization skills with the ability to articulate concepts
- Excellent communication, problem identification & resolution skills
- Someone with good commercial awareness and who is process oriented
- Someone who wants to learn and has an open mind
What we’re looking for
- At least 3 years experience as a professional user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect or a similar role
- Excellent communicator with good planning and organization skills. PM background and certification are not a requirement but will be an advantage
- Outstanding portfolio showing hands-on UX track record: sample artifacts with a discussion of business challenges, constraints, and achievements
- Experience in planning and designing websites and mobile applications
- Ability to work proactively, manage projects, take ownership of planning and follow up on tasks in an rewarding environment
- Good ‘soft’ PM skills: an understanding of quality, the importance of communication, with a firm control of a project and an innate understanding of how to get the most out of all project participants (from internal teams, to 3rd parties, to the client team)
- Good familiarity with designing for accessibility (W3C, WAI, Validation)
Your Role at ICAN
You’ll be part of the web division at ICAN as a UX Designer, working closely with our Head of Web and web team.
Take responsibility for the Planning and Delivery of your web projects on behalf of ICAN
- Communicate regularly and effectively with your manager, your project participants, the client team and your internal web team assigned to the project
- To plan and conduct user, stakeholder and competitor research
- Conducting: Interviews, usability testing, heuristic evaluations, user surveys, card sorting, A/B testing, persona and scenario development.
- Creation of annotated wireframes, interactive prototypes and functional specifications to match the needs of the project and to support brisk usability assessments
- Ensure quality delivery of your designs throughout development
- Continued development and improvement of processes within ICAN
- Ability to present written and/or verbal communication to team and stakeholders.
If this sounds like you – then send an email with your CV and the all important link to your UX portfolio/case studies. Please don’t be surprised if we don’t come back to you if do not include a link to your work. We are digital after all :)
Contact: Pat Ashe
No recruitment agencies please.